Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pitti Mini Interview: Brosbi

Founded in 2012 by brothers Dennis and Yves-Oliver Wilke, Brosbi is a German sportswear brand that is steadily expanding into new European markets. 

Having reached the 3rd floor of an oppressively overheated showroom I came across Brosbi and was drawn in by their curious embroidery. Yves saw me looking at each piece on the rack and came over to share more info about the brand with me. We chatted in German for a moment and then he agreed to have a Pitti Mini Interview!


What do you love most about fashion? 

I actually prefer the word apparel. The word fashion can be too excessive and not-wearable; characteristics that go against our brand. I love apparel as a form of self expression. It's a way to show who you are.  


What inspired you to launch your brand? 
My brother and I were already working in the fashion industry when the idea first came up. We were both looking for the next chapter of our professional lives so we decided to start a company.


What is missing in men's fashion? 
I don't think we're missing choice, I actually think there is too much choice. But I do believe that apparel is missing a sense of humor. For example, when you are walking down the sidewalk and see clothes on someone, you usually can't tell what brand they are wearing until they get quite close. We inject a sense of humor into Brosbi by exploring the idea of branding and logos. We make classic American sportswear but add different embroidered icons that are meant to make you laugh.  


How do you define success? 
It's different for everyone, but for me it's when I'm doing something that bring me happiness.


Thank you to Yves for your time! You can see the rest of the Brosbi collection on their website or their instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment