Thursday, July 27, 2017

Faux Pas #4: Eating

We all need to eat. But we don't all need to eat in the middle of a sales opportunity. It's easy to turn a blind eye to the business owner who is at the stand alone and needs to eat, but if a brand is big enough to have 8 brand reps it just looks unprofessional to have a team lunch in the stand. Also, why is no one greeting that buyer in the background?

What this says to a buyer
  • These brand reps may not be in a mood to answer questions I have.
  • Is it appropriate for me to browse while they're all eating?
  • Maybe I should come back later.
  • The smell of their food is really distracting.
  • I hope they clean their hands before they come shake mine.
  • If I set my bag on the meeting table I'll probably get food on it.
What you should do instead
Schedule your lunch breaks
The above pictured brand has 8 brand reps! Eight! It would look much more professional to send them out of the stand in 2s or 3s to go eat. This keeps most of the team available to speak to buyers.

What you stand to gain
The team will stay more focused because they know exactly when their lunch break is.

In Short: eating in the stand does not make a buyer feel comfortable so eat anywhere else.
As always, wishing you great success. —TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment